Pallikkutam National Awards for Startups in Education 2020
With the objective of recognizing educational startups engaged in bringing about disruptive and frugal innovations in education, Rajagiri Media, the initiators of the Education Publication, Pallikkutam, the Education Observer, declares a National Award for Startups in Education 2020, promoted and assessed by the Kerala Startup Mission and with South Indian Bank as the Title Sponsor. The award is meant for the best three technology startups in the field of education in India, which have innovative and frugal solutions for the sector and may bring about a paradigm shift in the conduct of education in the country.
- The applicant should be a DPIIT-recognized startup and they must submit their certificate of incorporation or partnership deed.
- The entity must have hardware or software (Edutech) product or a process solution that is present in the market.
- The entity must have all applicable trade trade-specific registrations (e.g.: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST Registration, etc.)
Rules and Regulations
- Participation in the Pallikkutam National Awards for Startups in Education 2020 is voluntary.
- Award application form is to be filled in English only.
- By filling this form, the applicant declares that all the information that they have provided is authentic to the best of their knowledge. In the event that any information provided is found wanting or is not in accordance with the requested format, they stand the chance of getting disqualified from the award.
- Finalists may be subjected to a legal due diligence review by independent third party evaluators. If the individual/organization refuses to cooperate, the Award Committee holds the right to select the next highest scoring Nominee as the Award winner.
- Any false information provided within the context of the award by any applicant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right, or non-compliance with these rules or any terms and conditions or the like may result in the elimination of the applicant from the Awards process.
- An independent Jury for finalizing the awards will be set up by Kerala Startup Mission. All the members of the Jury, shall sign (physically or digitally), a non-disclosure agreement with Kerala Startup Mission. The Jury will make their recommendations for awards to the Award Committee. If deserving candidates are not available, the Jury may also decide not to recommend any applicant for the award.
- The Award Committee reserves the right to disqualify any candidate/entity that tampers with the submission process, commits fraud or is in violation of criminal and/or civil laws.
- The decisions of the Award Committee shall be final and binding.
- Rajagiri Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the norms and conditions for the Pallikkutam National Awards for Startups in Education 2020.
- Rajagiri Media reserves the right to use the materials submitted by way of One-minute Promotional Video and Write-up describing the disruptive and frugal innovations introduced by the startups in their communications and publications.
- The final evaluation will take place on an online mode, as decided by the Jury.
- The last date to submit the award nominations: 31 July 2020
Questions for Application
DPIIT Recognition Number:
Describe your product:
- How does the product/service solve the problem in the education sector in a disruptive manner?
- How does the product/service solve the problem in the education sector in a frugal manner?
Elaborate on the Scalability of your product:
- Market Opportunity
- Market Differentiation
- Product/Service Scalability
Elaborate on the Innovativeness of your product:
- Product Innovation: Disruption and Frugality
- Process Innovation
- Business Model Innovation
Describe the social impact created by your startup:
- How is the product helping the society?
- Employment and Diversity of employees
- Value of the Company
- Please upload your certificate of Incorporation/Partnership Deed. (The document must be upload in PDF format with file size not exceeding 2MB)
- Upload your Startup Pitch Deck (in PDF format or Google Drive Link) for Evaluation
- Upload a One Minute Promotional Video Link of your startup (optional)
- Upload a Write-up of 1000 words highlighting the aspects of disruptive and frugal innovations in your solutions. (Summary)
By submitting the award nomination, I hereby declare that the information given on this application is, to the best of my knowledge, correct and that I have read and agree with the rules and regulations provided in this announcement. I authorize the Award Committee to verify all of the submitted materials.
- Gold Award: A cash prize of INR 1,00,000 and a citation from the Award Committee.
- Silver Award: A cash prize of INR 50,000 and a citation from the Award Committee.
- Bronze Award: A cash prize of INR 25,000 and a citation from the Award Committee.
Submit your Application!
Pallikkutam, the Education Observer, is a one-stop destination for all stakeholders in education. The word 'Pallikkutam' stands for an inclusive, secular, and holistic educational institution, and the monthly magazine is meant to catalyze quality education of the GenNext.
Other Products and Services:
About Kerala Startup Mission
Kerala Startup Mission is a Government Nodal Agency for promoting Technology-based Entrepreneurship towards the state.
About South Indian Bank
South Indian Bank is one of the most pro-active banks in India with a competent tech-savvy team of professionals at the core of services.