Pallikkutam National Awards for Innovation in Education 2020
Assessed by Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK)
In Association with Federal Bank
With the objective of recognizing educational institutions engaged in bringing about disruptive innovations in education, especially during the Covid-19 lockdown, Pallikkutam, the Education Observer, initiates a "National Awards for Innovations in Education 2020", in association with Federal Bank, assessed by Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK). The award concept is developed in collaboration with the professors of School of Management Studies, Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME, Bengaluru) and Rajagiri Business School (RBS).
Covid-19 pandemic has caused introduction of drastic changes and paradigm shifts in the world of education leading to the definition of a new normal for the education sector in India. The National Award for Innovation in Education is intended to bring the leaders in Indian Education Sector under one umbrella, sharing the best practices they have successfully implemented in their own institutions for mutual benefit and inspiration. In this way, we hope to spread the message of quality education across different kinds of education institutions in India.
What is a Disruptive Frugal Innovation?
As defined by Harvard professor Clayton M. Christensen in 1997, a disruptive innovation is something that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market-leading firms, products, and alliances. The concept of disruptive frugal innovation refers to technological solutions that are able to do better with less. Such a revolution is in making within the education sector of the nation today.
Scope of Award
Educational institutions shall share disruptive innovations they have implemented on any aspect of educational process, including content generation, teaching-learning, assessment, and management, especially to overcome the lockdown associated with Covid-19 pandemic and to re-imagine academic systems and processes, spreading the message of resilience across the sector.
Eligibility for Participation
Educational leaders from recognized Schools/Teacher education institutions at all levels are eligible to participate.
Applicants shall submit a 5-minute video and a write-up of less than 1000 words highlighting the Best Practices initiated by the organization and disruptive innovations it facilitated.
- The first three minutes of the video shall be devoted for explaining the interventions adopted and last two minutes shall specify their impacts. Video has to be forwarded in mp4 format and the file size should be less than 25 MB.
- The write-up should adhere to the following structure (Introduction, Statement of the problem, Intervention and Impact). Write-up should be forwarded in word format.
A registration fee of Rs.1000/- has to be paid in favor of Rajagiri Media to initiate the application process.
The last date for submission of video and write up is 31stJuly 2020.
Please e-mail the video and write-up to email@example.com
Nominations will be evaluated and judged by an eminent panel of educationalists and management experts.
The award consists of a sum of INR 100,000/- in cash and a citation from Rajagiri Media, the initiators of Pallikkutam Project and the title sponsor. The second and third positions will be awarded with INR 50,000/- and INR 25,000/- respectively along with respective citations.
Key Takeaways for Participants
These are the key takeaways of participating:
- Educational institutions get a unique opportunity to share their disruptive innovations in education, which they have successfully implemented and contribute to the entire educational community.
- By getting access to the best practices shared by other educational institutions, they could generate rich insights as to revamp their institutional systems and processes.
- Educational institutions win the privilege to get evaluated by the top management and educational experts in the country and get valuable feedback about their processes.
- By winning the covet award, they could confirm their position as an education leader and innovator in the national platform.
Norms and Conditions
- Registration process can be completed by payment of registration fee, filling up of registration form and submission of video and word files.
- The online registration form can be completed and submitted by heads of respective school or college.
- Schools can enter more than one registration, but the entries must be unique and the registration should be in the name of different individuals.
- The selection committee has the right to withdraw an entry if it becomes clear that the entry is not approved by management of the nominee’s school or if evidence supporting the entry is found to be false in any manner.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 31stJuly.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. Any incomplete submission also will not be entertained.
- Entries are accepted only via the link defined for National Award for Innovations in Education from the education web portal, www.pallikkutam.com and through the other links specifically defined for the purpose at the same web portal. Any entries emailed, posted or faxed in any other manner will not be accepted. National Award for Innovations in Education (NAIE) accepts no responsibility for failure to submit entries by the stated deadline or for incomplete entries or those lost due to problems with the internet. Proof of completion is not proof of delivery.
- All material submitted as part of any entry and the copyright thereof shall become the property of the NAIE of Rajagiri Media. Accordingly, NAIE will not be obliged to return any items submitted and will further not be responsible for their loss, damage or destruction.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant hereby grants committee an irrevocable, royalty free, non-exclusive license, to publish and use the entry and all material submitted therewith, in any publication, advertisement, marketing or promotional material (including television or radio station news), by any means NAIE chooses, including without limitation, print, electronic media and broadcast.
- Committee reserves the right to make available for educational and reference purposes, including electronic publishing, any entries and all material submitted therewith.
- The decisions of the judges, on all matters relating to the judging are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
South Indian Bank A/C Number: 0587053000004682
Branch: Rajagiri Valley Kakkanad, Kerala, India
IFSC Code: SIBL0000587
Pallikkutam, the Education Observer, is a one-stop destination for all stakeholders in education. The word 'Pallikkutam' stands for an inclusive, secular, and holistic educational institution, and the monthly magazine is meant to catalyze quality education of the GenNext.
Subscribe to Pallikkutam
Other Products and Services: