- Life Inspirations: AMERICAN MATHS CONTESTS AND MORE
- Teacher Insights: Learning Gene Identified
- Science Innovations: Steel-strong wonder wood is made
- Teacher Insights: Mystery of creative thinking ‘decoded’
- Science Innovations: Brain rhythms are sex specific
- Science Innovations: Pencil and paper convert heat to electricity
- Science Innovations: “Crystals of light” may become a reality
- Science Innovations: WHO warns against unhealthy intervention in birth
- Parent Interventions: Slow Eating Help Prevent Obesity
- Teacher Insights: Intentions of sporting are mostly gender-specific
- Science Innovations: The final hunt for Axions is on
- Leadership Instincts: Abusive supervision lowers productivity
- Technology Inceptions: “Street view for cyberspace” to provide flawless cyber security
- Policy Indications: Are you living in a chemical factory?
- Science Innovations: Herbicide-resistant weeds pose threat to global food security
- Parent Interventions: Bedtime Electronic Use Takes Toll on Kid’s BMI
- Teacher Insights: Dim lights produces dimwits
- Parent Interventions: Babies may Benefit from Pre-Birth Stress
- Science Innovations: “MOF” the future
- Science Innovations: We do it just the same as the fruit bats do!
Kochi : The University Grants Commission has reminded all the Vice Chancellors of Universties in the country to update the"Know Your Gollege (KYC)" portal created by the MHRD. In a communication Dr. Jaspal Sandhu, Secretary of UGC says that the portal was created with the direction of Prime Minister for generating an appropriate framework for the students seeking various information about the educational institutions from a single window instead of looking for different websites.
The "Know Your college (KYC)" portal will act as one-stop shop for students and their parents across the country to help them make an informed decision on the choice of institutions and the courses. lt seems that many institutions have not uploaded the data about their respective institutions on the portal. The data uploaded on the portal need to be clear and accurate.
Keeping in view the importance of the KYC portal, the Secretary of the Commission requested all VCs to make their personal indulgence in the matter and upload the accurate data about the Institutions on "KYC" portal which should be updated periodically and also ensure the same in affiliated institutions. UGC requested the institutions to help the Government in successfully achieving this student-friendly initiative.