- Life Inspirations: AMERICAN MATHS CONTESTS AND MORE
- Teacher Insights: Learning Gene Identified
- Science Innovations: Steel-strong wonder wood is made
- Teacher Insights: Mystery of creative thinking ‘decoded’
- Science Innovations: Brain rhythms are sex specific
- Science Innovations: Pencil and paper convert heat to electricity
- Science Innovations: “Crystals of light” may become a reality
- Science Innovations: WHO warns against unhealthy intervention in birth
- Parent Interventions: Slow Eating Help Prevent Obesity
- Teacher Insights: Intentions of sporting are mostly gender-specific
- Science Innovations: The final hunt for Axions is on
- Leadership Instincts: Abusive supervision lowers productivity
- Technology Inceptions: “Street view for cyberspace” to provide flawless cyber security
- Policy Indications: Are you living in a chemical factory?
- Science Innovations: Herbicide-resistant weeds pose threat to global food security
- Parent Interventions: Bedtime Electronic Use Takes Toll on Kid’s BMI
- Teacher Insights: Dim lights produces dimwits
- Parent Interventions: Babies may Benefit from Pre-Birth Stress
- Science Innovations: “MOF” the future
- Science Innovations: We do it just the same as the fruit bats do!
Kochi : The next Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) will be conducted by IIT Guwahati. The registration for it will begin on 1st of September 2017. Candidates can apply online latest by October 5. GATE is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology.
The exam is conducted for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g., ME, MTech, direct PhD) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies. The scores may also be used by public and private sector. The exam will be conducted on February 3, February 4 and February 10 and February 11.
Admission to postgraduate courses (master’s and doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in engineering, technology, architecture and science is open to those who qualify GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitments.
The last date for changes in candidate’s preferred cities for the exam is November 17, 2017; and admit cards will be available from January 5, 2018. Answer keys will be released within a few days after examination
GATE results will be declared on March 17, 2018 and downloading of score cards will begin from the last week of march to the last week of May. Counselling will commence in the second week of April. For more details check the official site for GATE 2018.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply through the official website, the link for which is www.gate.iitg.ac.in
Eligibility criteria for GATE 2018:
BE/BTech/BPharm: Bachelor's degree in engineering/ technology (Four years after 10+2 or three years after BSc/diploma in engineering/technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
BArch: Bachelor's degree in Architecture (Five years course)
BSc (Research)/BS: Bachelor's degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)
MSc/MA/MCA or equivalent: Master's degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent
Int. ME/MTech (Post-BSc): Post-BSc Integrated Master's degree programmes in engineering/technology (Four year programme)
Int. ME/MTech or dual degree (after diploma or 10+2): Integrated Master's degree programme or dual degree programme in engineering / technology (Five year programme)
Int. MSc/Int BS-MS: Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./ M. S. Programme
Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.): BE/BTech/BArch equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognised by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
For more details, candidates can visit the official website www.gate.iitg.ac.in