Technology Inceptions: India to Establish One lakh Digital Villages: Ravi Shankar Prasad  |  Best Practices: FSSAI to Impose Curbs on Promoting Unhealthy Products in School Premises  |  Management lessons: E-Services Most Important in Design of Smart Tourism Organisation  |  Rajagiri Round Table: 'Draft New Educational Policy Comprehensive, Hurdles Likely in Implementation'  |  International Edu News: Estonian schools promote English  |  Technology Inceptions: Microsoft AI Helps Leading Naukrigulf.com Attract More Jobseekers, Employers  |  Technology Inceptions: Microsoft To Set up AI Digital Labs in Association With 10 Universities  |  Science Innovations: IIT Guwahati Develops Simple Technique to Check Milk Quality  |  Teacher Insights: Rural-Urban Divide Among Animals Too- The Case of Bengaluru Lizards  |  Technology Inceptions: Steam game streaming for iPhone, Apple TV   |  Parent Interventions: Picky-eating tots get constipation  |  National Edu News: Check AIIMS MBBS Exam Results @aiimsexams.org  |  Higher Studies: EducationUSA India Mobile App Launched  |  International Edu News: Indian Student Enrolments in US Universities Double in a Decade  |  Policy Indications: IIT Delhi To Study How Much Heat Stress You Can Endure  |  
  • Pallikkutam Magazine
  • Companion Magazine
  • Mentor
  • Smart Board
  • Pallikkutam Publications

September 27, 2018 Thursday 10:34:38 AM IST

Denmark installs pavement that recycles water

Technology Inceptions

The 50-metre-long pilot stretch contains “Climate Tiles” with holes that channel water to surrounding plants, with excess water stored until it evaporates.

Tiles can also be used on roofs, where water is transferred to water tanks.

With more rain expected in Denmark as the climate changes, the idea is to cut the amount of water going into sewers, reducing time and money spent needing to repair and expand wastewater facilities.

The Climate Tile, devised in 2014, is constructed with vertical and horizontal pipes, and can be updated and maintained over its 50 year life span.Its creator, Danish firm Third Nature, says the tiles can redirect 30% of the projected increase in rainwater that will be created by climate change.


Flemming Rafn Thomsen, Third Nature partner, said: “We are happy to be able to now demonstrate a scalable climate adaptation system. Beyond working 1% of the time when we have climate accelerated rain incidents, the solution furthermore creates value for the city the remaining 99%. “We believe our streets are the bloodstreams of society and that the sidewalk is an underappreciated part of our infrastructure that holds great potential for future communities in our ever-growing cities

Comments