Covid19 Tracking Website launched by IIT Hyderabad
IIT Hyderabad has launched a Covid-19 tracker website, covid19tracker.in which is built using the public code base of covid19india.org. The government website covid19india.org had announced that they would no longer maintain upto date statistics after October 31, 2021.
In view of the importance of updated information on Covid 19 for researchers, students, and the public, the Director of IIT Hyderabad authorized a team of developers at IITH to carry on the work beyond November 1, 2021. The outcome of our efforts is the website covid19tracker.in, which is built using the public code base of covid19india.org website.
Launching the site, Prof B S Murty, Director, IIT Hyderabad said, “IIT Hyderabad is delighted to host this website, which will be an important resource for everyone interested in data related to the COVID-19 pandemic in India. Our site has attracted considerable traffic despite having been created so recently. In fact, we have noted with pleasure that the Worldometers website for India uses just two sources: our site, and that of MoHFW. I congratulate Prof Bheemarjuna Reddy Tamma and his team and Prof Vidyasagar for his mentorship for bringing up such an impressive site in such a short time. The Indian public can count on IIT Hyderabad to provide uninterrupted and up-to-date data on all aspects of the pandemic.”
· Daily updates on case numbers, vaccinations, and tests for each state of India
· Some of the critical updates are available in 10 Indian languages.
· Predictions for cases (including the post-Omicron scenario) using the SUTRA model.
· External link to the CoWIN dashboard for vaccination data.
· External link to the INSACOG database of coronavirus variants.
· Served over 18 million requests from a quarter-million visitors over the past 30 days.